Multifamily is one industry that is especially dependent upon integrated marketing. But, it doesn’t have to be a budget-busting endeavor. Use technology to market your property at little to no cost with the following productivity-boosting tools:
- Websites used to cost big bucks. But these days, WordPress offers free themes that are easy to set up and maintain. Plug photos and text into your chosen template, and your site is ready to go. (Pro tip: Using a pro to build a professional WordPress site means less time and effort on your part, and doesn’t have to be budget-busting.)
- Set up a free Twitter account and send short-and-sweet messages to your target audience(s). Build your profile carefully, and customize with great pictures of your properties. Follow industry leaders like Multifamily Housing News and connections in your local community. Use hashtags that include the name of your city to keep your message circulating locally.
- Post photos on Instagram, but link your account to Facebook so it automatically posts to both social media accounts. Use photos that build your brand message: highlighting your property, staff, and the “day in the life” type photos.
- If a picture is worth a thousand words, just imagine how valuable great videos can be. Create video tours of your property, post them on your YouTube channel, and watch your foot traffic increase exponentially. You can even make your videos with a cell phone; just make sure they’re good quality and to the point.
- Establish a Facebook presence to capture the local who will look for your property there, but don’t expect a lot of reach unless you’re willing to pay to promote your posts. Facebook has become an ad-based platform, so as free promotional tools go, you need an account; but don’t lean on it too heavily for messaging.
- 1-2-3 Press. Write great press releases about property improvements and promotions. Tag your property name and city, and publish to a site like 1-2-3 Press for some extra publicity.
- Mail Chimp. Use a free online email platform to communicate with as many as 2,000 recipients. Mail Chimp is one that has a full, free library of customizable themes. With a one-click unsubscribe link in every e-mail, using the service will keep you within the letter of the law that prevents spam.
- Volunteer. Have your staff organize a team of volunteers to build a Habitat for Humanity home, or run a race to raise funds for a charitable cause. Volunteerism is the total package: free publicity, relationship-building, and branding, all in one.
The take-away from this list is that it doesn’t have to cost a lot to get your market your property to the best tenants. Instead of being great options, these tools are essential to your marketing mix, and to your bottom line.
The professionals at Class A Management know marketing. It’s our passion. Let us go to work for you and your property. Call us today at 817-295-5959 or send us an email to .