At Class A Management, we know it’s crucial to stay ahead of current rental property amenities trends and understand the evolving expectations of renters. According to the results of a recent survey by Apartments.com, here are:
The top 10 apartment community amenities renters are looking for in 2023 and beyond
- Reliable Cell Reception. More residents than ever work from home, so a great cell signal and wi-fi are necessities for most. With 86 percent of respondents ranking this as a top priority, it is crucial for apartment communities to have strong cellular connectivity. Property owners should consider implementing technologies that enhance signal strength, such as distributed antenna systems (DAS) or wi-fi calling options, ensuring no resident faces dropped calls or connectivity issues.
- Secure Self-Service 24/7 Package Access. The convenience of online shopping has skyrocketed in recent years, making secure, self-service, 24/7 package access a crucial amenity for renters. By providing dedicated lockers or securely monitored package rooms, property owners can alleviate concerns about missed deliveries, theft, or inconvenient pick-up times.
- Swimming Pool. More than 73 percent of renters surveyed said a swimming pool is still important. This classic amenity remains highly sought-after in Dallas-Fort Worth communities. Including a well-maintained pool area with comfortable seating, shaded lounges, and a vibrant atmosphere can attract potential renters, particularly during summer months when residents seek relief from the Texas heat.
- Controlled Property/Amenity Access. Safety and security are paramount for renters in Dallas-Fort Worth. Implementing controlled access systems, such as key cards or secure digital codes, for entry into the property and its amenities is vital. More than 70 percent of residents surveyed agree.
- Non-Smoking Buildings. In an era focused on health and wellness, 70 percent of renters surveyed prioritize non-smoking buildings. Offering a smoke-free environment contributes to a cleaner living experience and ensures non-smoking residents are not affected by second-hand smoke.
- Fitness Center. With an increasing emphasis on personal fitness, a high-quality fitness center is an essential amenity that appeals to 70 percent of renters. Outfit your fitness center with modern equipment, weight rooms, and dedicated spaces for yoga or group classes to cater to the diverse needs of your residents.
- Property-Wide Recycling. Environmental consciousness continues to grow, with 69 percent of renters desiring property-wide recycling services. Providing easy access to recycling bins scattered throughout the community encourages sustainable practices, reduces waste, and attracts eco-conscious renters.
- Covered Parking. Covered parking was listed as a desirable amenity for almost 70 percent of renters surveyed. For renters dealing with the Texas heat and unpredictable spring weather (or even ice storms), having covered parking in DFW shields vehicles from harsh elements, improving residents’ overall experience. It could be a great selling point for your property.
- Dedicated Visitor/Guest Parking. Sufficient visitor/guest parking is crucial to maintaining harmonious relationships between residents and their guests. Allocating dedicated parking spaces for visitors ensures convenience and prevents potential disputes over limited parking availability.
- Controlled Access Parking. Renters value the added security of controlled access parking, with 68 percent expressing interest. Gated parking areas, keycard access, or even license plate recognition systems contribute to higher tenant satisfaction and peace of mind.
Rental Property Management Requires Knowing What Renters Want
Staying attuned to the ever-changing preferences of renters in the Dallas-Fort Worth area is essential for property owners looking to attract potential residents and retain existing ones. By highlighting rental property amenities such as reliable cell reception, secure package access, and swimming pools, apartment communities can tailor their marketing efforts to appeal to what renters are looking for in a community. Contact Class A Management if you need a team that can provide you and your residents with all the services and top amenities they want and deserve.