If you haven’t noticed, there is a movement for a healthier America going on right now and everyone seems to be jumping on the bandwagon. In the past, we’ve seen trends like this. We’ve watched as everyone joined in on aerobics with Richard Simmons, then a trend started toward Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig, and somewhere in there we ran through several periods of really bad fad diets. But this movement isn’t like those.
Today, the buzz is centered on all-natural, clean eating and high-impact workouts (think Cavemen). Eating clean is about getting rid of anything that is processed, unnatural, or that has been stripped of vital nutrients from our diets. It’s organic, locally-grown fruits and vegetables, grass-fed and free-range meats and dairy, lots of water, and choosing to cook in the healthiest of manners such as baking instead of frying. The workouts are just as they sound: lots of heavy lifting, which is indicative of approaches such as CrossFit and P90X.
Keeping Tenants Healthy
As a property owner, there are many benefits to helping your tenants stay healthy. The care it shows for them and the opportunity it provides to build a sense of community are two surefire ways to encourage tenant loyalty. So, here are five ways to make it happen:
- Spread the Word: Whether through a property newsletter or regularly distributed email, make health a part of the ongoing conversation. Build a call-out box or special section that just focuses on eating and exercise tips, such as weekly tips and stats, recipes, and easy-to-replicate exercises.
- Encourage a Group Effort: Tenants want that sense of community. What better way to get everyone involved and keep them healthy than property-wide activities. From hosting a PX90 get-fit class to encouraging an organized walk around the complex at sundown, there are plenty of options to accomplishing this.
- Make it Home Grown: Community gardens is something we’ve talked about in other blogs, mainly because they are a hot trend that tenants demand. It gets them involved and it encourages loyalty because they aren’t as apt to walk away from the project. But the added benefit is getting those locally-grown fruits and veggies that are becoming so coveted.
- Get it Discounted: Fitness clubs and gyms want your tenants to join. Your property is a treasure trove to them because it offers the prospect of many new memberships. And, because of this, they will be more willing to offer exclusive discounts and benefits to tenants of your complex. Make sure your tenants are aware.
- Create a Challenge: Do you have sister properties or a friendly rival with another property in town that would be willing to go in on a little wager? Utilizing the power of self-quantifying apps, your tenants can challenge those of another complex on results achieved within a certain amount of time. Even if it’s not against another complex, you can create some healthy competition with rewards just between the tenants themselves. Not only is everyone getting healthy, but a few discounts each month are being thrown at them for doing so.
Need some more tips like these? We have the latest on exactly what your tenants are looking for and what they expect from you. Call the professionals at Class A Management today and get plugged-in. You can reach us at 817-295-5959 or by email at .