A picture may be worth a thousand words, but in 2D, prospective renters will be challenged to get the full depth of what the property or unit has to offer. And, while videos are highly recommended for their “touring” ability, it’s the good old fashioned floorplan that gives prospects full scope of what they’re looking for.
To get the most from your floorplans, they should:
- Be realistic and to scale
- Contain all rooms and features
- Include square footage – demonstrating wall lengths, etc.
- Be constructed for each and every option
The best news is that you don’t have to hunt down a designer with CAD skills. These days, floorplans, like everything else, have been taken online. Now, with a simple Google search, you can find a number of apps and services that either provide floorplans at reasonable costs, or allow you to create your own. Here are some of our top recommendations:
- Floorplanner – This is our personal favorite and the one we’ve used on a number of occasions. For a simple pricing structure, you can create your own full-color plans online, and then download for immediate use.
- Room Sketcher – With this option, you can create your own or use their service to create one for you. Pricing is a bit more than Floorplanner and uses credits instead of per-plan.
- Gliffy – This easy-to-use online platform has simplified and affordable pricing with the ability to tap into unlimited storage space and unlimited diagrams every month. Its primary limitation in comparison with aforementioned products/services is in its shape options, which are elementary and not custom to floorplans (kitchens, TV nooks, bookcases), but diagrams in general.
If the thought of creating one more marketing tool has you feeling woozy, leave the worry to us. Call Class A Management today at 817-295-5959, or send us an email to .