“If you’re not able to reach your audience through mobile search or display, or you’re not providing a satisfactory mobile experience, you will miss out compared to competitors who are.” This statement from Smart Insights is based on its research showing that 51% of Internet search activity is performed on mobile devices.
And, from RentPing, we find that:
- 46% of website users will not return to a website that doesn’t load correctly on their smartphone
- 61% have better opinions of brands that come with a good mobile experience
- 91% of all apartment tenants are likely to use a mobile phone the next time they search for a property
- 57% of users won’t recommend a brand that comes with a bad mobile experience
- 53% of smartphone owners use their phones for price comparison
- 70% of mobile searches lead to action (conversions) within 1 (one) hour
While bad mobile experience is addressed, you can be sure you’re in an even worse position if you have no Internet presence at all.
Web-savvy tech companies know the score and are responding in kind, developing a plethora of apps that prospective tenants can use to find a property. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to get included on those searches and ensure the mobile experience that accompanies your brand is excellent.
- Get a website. These days, this isn’t a hard task. Wix.com has easy and attractive drag and drop options, or WordPress is a great framework if you have a bit of help getting it going.
- Make sure it’s mobile friendly. If you’re working with a site like Wix, you can almost be sure that all their site options are smartphone-ready. But if you’re choosing to go with a make-ready site like WordPress, you need to make sure the theme you choose is responsive. This means that it will be clearly visible in any browser and on any phone.
- Setup online listings. If a prospective tenant is driving your neighborhood and sees your property, they are going to pull out their phone and search it by name. Along with your website, they should be able to fine your contact details and reviews in places like Google Places, Yelp, and FourSquare.
- Check your listings. Your property and accurate profile needs to be included in all the popular search portals, at the very least. Apartments.com, Rent.com, and ApartmentFinder.com are examples.
Hire a professional. Need some assistance with your marketing strategy? It’s our specialty. Contact Class A Management today by calling 817-284-1411 or email us at .