Millions of Baby Boomers are becoming septuagenarians this year, and many of them are downsizing. While those over age 65 don’t currently occupy the lion’s share of rental properties, their demographic is growing as they seek out low-maintenance housing options.
Here are six simple ways to fix up and market your properties so they appeal to older tenants:
- Install ramps instead of stairs, and smooth out any trip hazards and steep walkways. Add hand rails.
- Retrofit ground-floor apartments so they’re wheelchair accessible.
- Include plenty of seating and landscaping in community areas to encourage socializing among older residents.
- Invite local agencies and senior groups to organize enrichment activities and market them to your tenants. Walkability and lots of nearby entertainment are a plus.
- Don’t forget to play up little extras—Boomers like luxury amenities, and they have the money to pay for them.
- Keep everything in working order. Older renters have little patience for repairs.
Create an inviting space for retirees, and you’ll appeal to those older Americans who aren’t ready to give up their independence. They’ll gladly give up lawn and house maintenance. That’s where your friendly and courteous property staff members can step in to make those golden years stress-free.
Keep your property safe and well-maintained, and provide the customer service older Americans have to come to expect and deserve. Hire Class A Management to handle your property’s every need and to treat your tenants like the valuable business resource they are. Call us today at 817-284-1411 or e-mail, .